Regent RCM, an independent division of Regent Surgical Health, is a leading provider of quality, cost-effective revenue cycle management services exclusively for ambulatory surgery centers throughout the United States. Regent RCM harnesses Regent Surgical Health’s strong ASC industry expertise, allowing Regent RCM to consistently outperform industry benchmarks. A hallmark of Regent RCM is proven performance. Regent RCM provides ASCs with real-time metrics reports containing critical information regarding an ASC’s financial status, and the staff specializes in developing, executing and refining the most successful billing and collection strategies for ASCs. With Regent RCM clients can expect:
- A revenue cycle specialist who is specifically assigned to each account and will provide constant communication with the ASC and the patient
- A staff of billers and collectors with an average of more than 17 years of RCM experience each
- Billers and collectors who are bilingual in English and Spanish
- Cross-trained staff members who can perform charge entry, payment posting and insurance/patient follow up
- Continuously monitored billing staff performance through internal audits by Regent leadership
The Regent RCM Solution Regent RCM understands the intricacies of an ASC revenue cycle, and the staff understands that an effective revenue cycle management should add to a center’s bottom line. Regent RCM is skilled at determining where common problems occur, how to fix them and how to optimize reimbursement. A package has been designed for ASC owners that includes the services they specifically need, which means that Regent RCM offers the most cost-effective pricing programs:
- With Regent RCM, performance metrics and key performance indicators are constantly monitored to provide ASCs with the data needed to meet financial goals including how long to takes to collect payments, how many AR days a center has and if there’s a decrease in revenue.
- Regent RCM has partnered with multiple industry-leading vendors to develop a suite of automated revenue cycle services for ASCs to lower costs without sacrificing quality and efficiency. With the guidance of Regent RCM, the software can be used to its full potential to reduce errors that lead to delayed or denied payments while also decreasing administrative staff costs.
To learn more about Regent RCM’s services, visit www.regentrcm.com.